Music Ministry Opportunities
There are ample opportunities for musicians of all ages at Immaculate Conception Parish.
Please contact the Director of Music Ministry, Peter Solecki, for more information about any of the programs listed below. Call the music office at 410-398-3244, send a message to email@example.com, or stop by after Mass!
The parish choir consists entirely of volunteers and is well-established within the parish. Leading musical worship every two weeks, they perform a variety of choral works spanning music history – from early chant to contemporary works by composers such as John Rutter and Ola Gjeilo, and everything in between. Recently, the Parish Choir released a CD entitled, “Many voices, One Love – Songs of Divine Inspiration.” Anyone over 13 is welcome to join and an ability to read music is preferred. Rehearsals for the Parish Choir are Thursdays at 7:00 PM.
The contemporary ensemble leads worship approximately every three weeks. Consisting of brass, woodwinds, strings, guitars, percussion, and a choir, the contemporary ensemble performs works by some of the most popular contemporary Christian composers today. Because of the nature of contemporary music, a familiarity with this style of music is preferred. The contemporary ensemble rehearses Tuesdays at 7:00 PM and leads worship every three weeks and for special occasions.
- Lead the assembly in song at Mass and are on a rotating schedule.
- Rehearsals are Thursday at 9:30 AM and 6:30 PM.
- Cantors also sing for weddings and funerals as requested.
- Open to anyone 13 years old or above.
- Organ, piano, keyboard, guitar
- Ability to sight read preferred
- Accompany the assembly in song at all masses; rotating schedule
- Accompany choirs and ensembles; play for weddings and funerals
- Solo and ensemble opportunities for woodwind, brass, string and percussion
- High school level of proficiency required
- Rehearsals scheduled as needed
- Grades 3 – 8
- Rehearsals Tuesdays 6:30 PM
- Sings at Christmas and Easter
- Consisting of members from the music ministry with advanced music reading abilities, this ensemble rehearses from approximately 8:30-9:30 PM on Thursday evenings following Adult Choir rehearsal. Repertoire is challenging and mainly a cappella.